Whole School Events
Cardinia has a number of unique events in which the whole school particiaptes. This is a tradition which has developed from our small school beginnings and continues despite the growth in student numbers over recent years. In order to continue to offer these unique activities we rely on the whole school community pulling together and are thankful for the combined efforts of parents, teachers and students.
Some of these events include:
- Beach Picnic at Cowes, Phillip Island, early in Term 1 each year. All families welcome to attend with brothers and sisters, grandparents and friends.
- Sleepover at School at the end of Term 3.
- School Camp. Different venue each year. We have visited the City, Waratah Bay, Foster and this year are off to Coonawarra for a week in November.
- Bike Ed. Foundation and Grade 1 students have an excursion to the Casey traffic safety School. Grade 2 students have a Bike Ride at the local oval.
- Yakkerboo Festival. Come along and dress up! We are the only Primary School to have been involed in every parade and the students really enjoy this opportunity to be involved in their local community.
- Christmas Concert. Students perform a skit written by our very talented music teacher. Each student has their time up on stage as a performer. Various awards are presented and achievements recognised. Santa makes a visit . A very special night to celebrate with the whole community.
- Easter Bonnet Parade. Last day of Term 1. Children make a special easter hat and are involved in a fun water balloon throw and easter bunny makes a visit.
- Family and Friends Day. This event allows families to come and be a part of School for a day, participating in lessons and school experiences in a range of subject areas. It usually coincides with education Week and showcases all of the exciting and innovative programs our school provides.
- Buddy Activities. Tabloid Sports and various Buddy activities throughout the year. Children are paired up with a Buddy from a different year level. This program fosters social skills, develops friendships and encourages students to develop leadership and co-operative skills.